Alzheimer’s Society’s awareness and fundraising ‘Elf Day’
Teams across CMFT celebrated the Alzheimer's Society's awareness
and fundraising 'Elf Day' on 9th December,
with lots of entertaining activities for patients, relatives
- Chorlton elf team lead Janet Martin said: "We sold homemade
cakes kindly donated by our colleagues and cheese and ham toasties.
All went down wonderful with a nice hot cup of coffee or tea.
In total we raised £195 here at Chorlton elf centre. Our students
Sian Jones and John Greensmith were fantastic and just got on with
it, engaging in all aspects of the fundraising. I am so proud to
part of this great team."
- ETC day case and Ward 46 held cake sales.
- AM3/AM4 had Christmas food, an elf quiz and took 'elfie's' -
they raised £65 which will be split between the Alzheimer's Society
and revamping the dementia box used across the two wards.
- Ward 31 had guess the name of the elf competition and cakes -
they raised around £85 and all the patients had fun. One
gentleman (pictured left above) said he had so much fun he "forgot
he was ill."
- Ward 4 Trafford Hospital had a guess the name of the elf
competition and the staff wore elf hats.
- Ward 1 Trafford Hospital planned a Christmas movie afternoon
with mince pies and cake.
A huge thank you to all the colleagues who supported Elf Day and
helped to make a difference to our patients and their
families. See more Elf Day photos here.