Procurement & E-Commerce Department
Based in Wilmslow Park on
Hathersage Road, the Procurement and E-Commerce Department
encompasses the traditional Supplies functions of Stock and
Non-stock ordering with those of Purchasing, Contracting and
Creditor Payments. The teams within the Procurement Department are
- Accounts Payable
- Catalogue Team
- Materials Management
- Purchasing Team
- Information Team
The Procurement and E-Commerce Department was formed in May
2009 and is now recognised as one of the leading NHS Procurement
Departments in the country. We are currently the only Procurement
Department across the NHS achieving the Level 2 Procurement
NHS procurement work?
NHS Terms &
We are different because
- Accounts Payable activities are fully integrated within the
E-Commerce Department enabling 30 day and 10 day SME payment
targets to be met.
- A full materials management is provided to 90 Wards and
- Dedicated Purchasing Leads are aligned to Trust Divisions.
- £5 million annual savings targets on non-pay spend of
- An actively implemented zero inflation policy which has been
adopted by the Department of Health.
- Guidance for Suppliers Policy with a structured entry system
Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
(CMFT) is part of the Shelford Group comprising ten leading NHS
multi-specialty academic healthcare organisations. The Trust
takes part in a number of joint purchasing projects.
What does this mean for suppliers and why work with the
- Harmonisation of services - economies of scale enabling joint
- Standardisation of equipment - economies of scale.
- Prompt payment.
- Electronic invoicing.
- Reference site - New Hospitals development with state of the
- Birth place of NHS (Trafford Hospitals Division).
- Prestigious site.
- Ability to work with procurement professionals.
- Being a supplier to CMFT is an accolade that often leads to
A welcome message from Simon
Thank you for visiting our website.
Procurement and E-Commerce in our Trust represents £350m spend
per annum. This involves supporting every budget holder in the
Trust - ensuring that they spend their non-pay budget effectively
and in line with both Trust/Legal requirements.
Our Department is unique in the NHS as the complete range of
Procurement and E-Commerce services are provided by one unified
Team. This ensures that supplier selection; ordering; invoicing and
payment are all within the same Department ensuring co-ordination
and better control.
I hope the information on this site is of use - we aim as always to
provide easy to use self-service systems/information whilst making
sure at all times a member of our Team is available to provide
Simon Walsh MCIPS
HCSA Profile for Simon